Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb
|Saturday, July 21, 2012
Former Clear Creek Middle School, Idaho Springs
320 Chicago Creek Rd. (Hwy 103)
Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Event Organizer Website
Bicycle race starting in Idaho Springs to the Summit of Mt. Evans. The longest running hill climb in the USA! The race starts at 7,540 feet in front of the former Clear Creek Middle School and proceeds to Echo Lake where the race turns and climbs to the summit (14,264 feet.).
The race was renamed in 1981 in honor of five-time race winner Bob Cook, who died of cancer at the age of 23. Bob Cook held the course record from 1975-1980. The first three years he held the record he was a junior. The present record holder is Tom Danielson, set in 2004 with a time of 1:41:20. The Senior Women's course record is held by Jeannie Longo from France with a time of 1:59.19.
• PARTICIPANTS WHO VOLUNTEER OR RECRUIT A VOLUNTEER ON THEIR BEHALF RECEIVE A $62 DISCOUNT. CONTACT RACE DIRECTOR AT EVANSHILLCLIMB@ME.COM BEFORE REGISTERING
• REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE JULY 19TH OR WHEN RACE IS SOLD OUT.
• INDIVIDUAL CATEGORIES WILL CLOSE AS CAPS ARE REACHED.
• YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO RACE IN YOUR REGISTERED CATEGORY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• START LINE IS THE FORMER MIDDLE SCHOOL IN IDAHO SPRINGS – FINISH IS AT THE SUMMIT
• RACE DISTANCE 28 MILES EXCEPT FOR JUNIORS UNDER 17 (JUNIORS 17 – 18 WILL RACE TO SUMMIT). JUNIORS UNDER 17 DISTANCE IS 11.1 MILES.
• PACKET PICKUP AT 5 LOCATIONS BELOW.
• NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
• ALL NON-LICENSED RIDERS MUST PURCHASE A $10.00 USA CYCLING ONE-DAY LICENSE FOR THIS EVENT.
• FIRST 100 LICENSED CATEGORY RACERS (not Gran Fondo) WILL RECEIVE A FREE RACE T-SHIRT.
• NO REFUNDS – SEE CANCELLATION POLICY ON WWW.BICYCLERACE.COM
• GRAN FONDO JERSEYS NOT PICKED UP BY END OF RACE DAY WILL BE FORFEIT.
RACE PACKET PICK UP
Monday - 7/16 - REI Englewood, 9637 E. County Line Rd - Englewood - 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Tuesday - 7/17 – REI Boulder, 1789 29th St - Boulder - 9 a.m - 9 p.m.
Wednesday - 7/18 - Basil Docs - 2107 E. Virginia - Denver - 6-8 p.m.
Thursday - 7/19 – Big Ring Cycles - 600 12th Street - Golden - 6 - 8 p.m.
Friday - 7/20 - The Buffalo Restaurant - Idaho Springs - 5 - 8 p.m.
• Juniors wishing to race to the top must ride in their respective licensed category (1,2,3,4). NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 10 MAY RACE ON OPEN COURSE ACCORDING TO USAC RULES. Entry is free to juniors in any category. Juniors racing to Junior Finish line should review race map for finish line location at 11.1 miles.
• Rocky Mountain Road Cup results will be pulled for all licensed categories for BRAC Members.
• Field Limits Apply – Maximum number of riders allowed to the Summit is 1200
• PLEASE REGISTER EARLY.
• Start lists and times will be posted to the race website at www.bicyclerace.com